Me and B and Little LJ

Welcome to our world! This is just a little experiment to see if this is a good way to keep folks connected in another kind of way. For those of you that talk to us on the phone, you know that you can't get the whole story. So maybe this can fill in the gaps a little. The most recent posts are at the top, so if you're trying to catch up, start at the bottom. Enjoy!

Friday, March 17, 2006

32 weeks this Wednesday and We're getting a house

Okay theres a bunch going on in these parts. This week we will be at 32 weeks awaiting the arrival of our son, Luke. Brooke is holding up well, as you will see later in this blog. I have no complaints thus far in the pregnancy, and neither does she. She's made this time very pleasant. When she gets tiered, she just goes to sleep. Some nights she last until 10:30 or 11:00, while other nights she can barely hold her head up at 7:30.

When we found out we were getting a new addition to the family, I applied and got another job here in Austin with a consulting firm. I still am in the actuarial field, though I don't deal with insurance anymore. My office helps companies with their pension plans. Anyway, since I've started working 8 months ago, we've saved all the money I've made toward purchasing a home. And this was the time to get into one- before the baby comes. So we went out looking about 2 weeks ago with our realtor, whom we are very impressed with. His name is John Chatham, and he works strictly with buyers. Check him out if you're in the Austin market by clicking his name. We went out two saturdays in a row, and then on sunday (last) he took us to an area that we didn't see before, and we almost immediately knew this was the house for us. That morning we prayed, "Lord show us the house when you're ready", and it was the third house we looked at that day. One thing led to another, and we were filling out a contract that evening. The next day we sealed the deal, and we're closing April 20! We'll move in the 22nd and have a few weeks to prepare for Luke-- that is, if he comes on time... Anyway we're real excited about these things and will show you some pics below. The pics of Brooke are from a few weeks ago.

Pray for me as I study for another professional exam to be taken THE DAY AFTER THE BABY'S DUE DATE! Good planning. Anyway, that used to be funny, but as it gets closer, it becomes more real and pressing. I know it'll work out, I just dread the possibility of waiting another 6 months to take an exam that I already have prepared for over the course of a year. And I feel good that I would pass it this time if I can stay focused on it.


So to sum things up, when things happen around here, they happen in bunches. And they happen quick. It'll all be settled here in about 3 months, then we'll have Luke, a home, and hopefully it'll be three down, five to go in the exam department. Peace, here are some pictures.







1 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Brooke, That's awesome! Glad things are going so great!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home